Automation and Information Technology Technician
Aberdeen-Springfield Canal Company is seeking applicants for an Automation and Information Technology Technician. We are a 109-year old canal company that seeks long-term employees to join our dedicated team who are responsible for delivering irrigation water to 62,000 acres in Bingham and Power Counties.
Deadline: Until filled
- SCADA: Participate in the design, installation, and maintenance of remote monitoring and gate control systems.
- Utilize Campbell Scientific data loggers and CRBasic programming language. Training available as needed.
- Maintain Control and storage servers.
- Create and modify operator control screens.
- Maintain wireless communication system. This includes wired and wireless routers, Antennas, and power systems.
- Understanding of internet routing and wireless communications a plus.
- Knowledge of Mikrotik hardware and RouterOS a plus. Training available as needed.
- Two-year degree in an electronics-based discipline such as Electronics Engineering, instrumentation, automation or comparable and demonstratable work experience.
- Valid Idaho Driver’s License with no restrictions.
- Ability to lift 70 lbs, ability to climb to and work at heights up to 120 feet, frequent night and weekend work may be required.
- Additional duties as assigned by the General Manager or Foreman.
- Able to work independently and as part of the team.
- This position is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week during the irrigation season (March-November).
- Applicant must live within 30 minutes of the ASCC System (Aberdeen, American Falls, Blackfoot, Pocatello) or be willing to relocate.
- Veterans are encouraged to apply and will be given preference over equally qualified non-veterans.
For more information:
Send complete resume and list of references to:
Idaho Department of Labor 450 N. 5th Pocatello, ID 83205
Or by email to:
Or by fax to: