Full-time Dam Tender
The Owyhee Irrigation District is seeking to fill a full-time Dam Tender position at the Owyhee Dam.
This position requires the employee to live at the Dam site located 30 miles Southwest of Nyssa, Oregon.
Deadline: Open until filled
Basic skills requested are as follows:
- Mechanical and hydraulic background
- Basic understanding of electrical
- Be willing to live at the job site in a semi-isolated remote setting (housing provided)
- Must have great people skills and enjoy working with others
- Must be able to pass a federal background check and drug test
- Must be in good physical health to meet job demands
- This job requires being on call 24 hours a day
- Be willing to work varying work schedules when required
- Have average computer skills
- Have a good working relationship with state and federal governments and the public
- Basic first aid and CPR training
- Basic carpentry and repair skills
- The job requires an active person who can perform all types of maintenance, such as lawn care, cleaning of bathrooms and office buildings, painting, and building repairs of all types
- This job requires a one-year probation period
- This job also requires you to perform security at the Owyhee Dam
- Wage will be based on experience
- Knowledge about hydropower production is not required but highly encouraged
For more information:
We are now accepting applications. The position will remain open until filled. For more information regarding this job position, salary, or benefits, please visit our website www.owyheeirrigation.org or call (541) 372-3540.