Please apply with resume and cover letter by fax or email to Settlers Irrigation District.
DO NOT CALL. DO NOT APPLY IN PERSON.
Full Time Position: Irrigation Ditch Rider
Wage: $18-21 DOE
Benefits: Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, State Retirement, Paid Health Insurance, & Optional Life Insurance
Irrigation Ditch Rider/Maintenance Job Description:
Assist in operations and maintenance of canal/pressure irrigation systems and equipment which includes daily manual labor.
Irrigation Ditch Rider/Maintenance Job Requirements:
- Must possess or obtain a valid Class A CDL Idaho Driver’s License
- Clean driving record
- Pre-employment drug testing and random drug testing
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Must be able to read a tape measure, to the /16th
- Skill in the use of hand tools and other maintenance equipment
- Must be able to perform manual labor
- Must be physically fit capable of lifting 75 lbs.
- Able to work outdoors for extended periods of time under adverse weather conditions
- Able to complete work to high standards with limited supervision/independently and in groups
- Complies with safety guidelines
- Assist in maintaining irrigation systems
- Assist in ditch spraying, mowing, and burning weeds, and pest control
- Haul and dispose of weed and trash
- Operate small and heavy equipment
- Assist with work in the shop, weld, torch, plasma, grind.
- Equipment/vehicle maintenance
- General labor that may include: washing and cleaning vehicles and cleaning shop
- Any and all other duties required to complete the job.
Preference given for:
Experience with irrigation canals, Class A CDL, concrete, aquatic weed and pest control (licensed applicator)
Must be a motivated individual, have initiative, drive, and the willingness to learn.