Location: Kennewick, WA
Close Date: Until Filled
Columbia Irrigation District (CID) located in Kennewick, Washington, has an immediate opening for a general manager. Annual salary depending on experience and qualifications. Contact CID for more information and job description at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (509)586-6118.
CID is seeking qualified candidates with the following experience and capabilities:
- Must have considerable knowledge and experience related to management principles at the local government level, experience with public budgeting, finance and personnel management requirements.
- Must have project management experience with the ability to effectively manage project scopes, schedules and budgets associated with complex engineering and construction projects.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal skills and be capable of maintaining cooperative and productive working relationships with CID Board of Directors, staff, patrons, municipalities, utilities, oversight agencies, and other business and industry contacts.
- Must be capable of analyzing complex problems, conducting the necessary research, and use sound judgment in making decisions about difficult program, budget and administrative issues.
- Must be experienced with policy formation, program planning and implementation, and strategic planning development.
- Must be experienced with irrigation water delivery systems and operational requirements and be familiar with applicable regulations. Other related public works experience may be applicable to this position.
- Must be knowledgeable about RCW Title 87 Irrigation Laws.
- A minimum of five years of related experience in a management role is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with supplemental engineering or public works training is strongly desired.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to express their interest in applying for this position by submitting a resume and cover letter, including professional references to Columbia Irrigation District, 10 E Kennewick Avenue, Kennewick, WA 99336. Submissions may also be made by email to email@example.com.