GREATER WENATCHEE IRRIGATION DISTRICT
Location: East Wenatchee, WA
Deadline: Open until filled
Salary: TBD based on qualifications
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Greater Wenatchee Irrigation District (GWID) provides irrigation water to approximately 10,000 acres of cropland and residential lots with a fully pressurized and metered system. The district is spread over a large area, and some portions are remote. GWID maintains its own powerlines and substations. It has a robust and reliable SCADA system that monitors and operates its system. The GWID manager will be a well-rounded leader with experience leading a small crew. The position covers a wide range of skills and could be very rewarding for the right person. Customer service should be the number one priority. Also thinking outside of the box to solve issues will be paramount to being a successful district manager.
- College degree in finance, business, engineering or equivalent experience preferred
- Understanding of electrical and mechanical engineering and financial and business management.
- Understanding of business laws, contracts, and regulations.
- Experience working around large equipment and managing large projects.
- Willingness to work extended hours and be available in emergency situations 24/7.
- Willingness to work outdoors in inclement weather conditions ranging from 0 to over 100 degrees.
- Valid Washington driver’s license or the ability to get one.
For More Information: go to www.gwid.org/employment
To apply: submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to
Greater Wenatchee Irrigation District, 3300 SE 8th St., East Wenatchee, WA 98802,